Small Groups & Mission
New Heart Ministry Offers The Following Small Groups
- Substance Abuse (Men’s and Women’s groups)
- Integrity (Pornography and Sexual Addiction - Men)
- Codependency (Women)
- General Issues (Men's and Women's groups)
- Abuse and Divorce Healing (Women)
- Healthy Living (Men's and Women's groups)
The purpose of New Heart Ministry is to fellowship and to celebrate, God’s healing power in our lives through the practice of proven Biblical truths found in twelve steps. This experience allows us to “be changed”. We open the door by sharing our experience, strength and hope with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our lives’ problems.
By working the steps and applying their Biblical principles we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and most importantly a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the twelve steps, we discover our personal, loving and forgiving higher power-- Jesus Christ .
The 12 Steps and Their Biblical Comparisons
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behaviors. That our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Visit our Facebook page